1/4 cup maple syrup 2 tablespoons soy sauce 1 clove garlic, minced 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper 450 gr salmon Preheat the oven to 200°C. Combine all of the filling ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until completely smooth. Pour the mixture into the pie shell. Bake for […]
This author has yet to write their bio.Meanwhile lets just say that we are proud Jurgen contributed a whooping 428 entries.
Entries by Jurgen
June – magical time for herbs Summer has arrived in Cyprus and for us herb folk this means we’re busy as bees! All Mediterranean herbs are at their peak now, ready for harvest. Particularly oregano, thyme, marjoram and hyssop are all vying for our attention and the herb garden is awash with colour and also […]
Seven Steps to Thinking Better: Your Brain Power Boost Most people, especially those who are not as intelligent as Einstein, would want to have a boost of their brain power. If you are one of those people who want to think better, your brain power boost might be just a few steps away. These seven […]
Pet Healthcare on Cyprus Healthy Living Because animals play an important role in many people’s lives, we have created a new category PET HEALTHCARE in CYPRUSHEALTHYLIVING . In addition to seeing-eye dogs and dogs that can be trained to detect seizures, animals can also be used in occupational therapy, speech therapy, or physical rehabilitation to […]
Don’t forget to stay active! Try to include exercise in your everyday life. Aim for at least 30 minutes of physical activity, 3-4 times per week.
Avoid excessive alcohol intake Recommendations suggest 1 unit per day for women and 2 units per day for men! 1 unit means no more than 100ml glass of wine or ½ pint of beer, or a single measure of spirits (whiskey, vodka etc)
Stay hydrated! Try having a cup of water before and after your 3 main meals, and between meals as well. By controlling your fluid needs you can always stay hydrated! Remember that all kind of fluids count towards your daily total intake, but water is still the best choice!
Your body doesn’t need sugar Your body doesn’t need sugar, but eating in a moderation will still mean you are following a healthy, balanced diet. You can use sweeteners as an alternative to sugar.
Reduce salt Reduce salt in your diet to 6g or less a day by flavouring your foods with herbs and spices.
Choose unsaturated oils Choose unsaturated oils and spreads in small amounts. Unsaturated fats are healthy fats and include vegetable, sunflower and rapeseed oil, olives, nuts, avocado etc. Remember all types of fat are high in energy and calories and should be eaten sparingly.
Cyprus Healthy Living - Masmega Ltd.
59 Thessalonikis Street, Hara Court, 3rd Floor
3025 Limassol, Cyprus
© Copyright 2017 - Masmega Ltd
MOST POPULAR ARTICLES
- The heat19th March 2018 - 7:00 am
- Strength and Resistance Training18th March 2016 - 8:56 pm
- Wellbeing at work: The benefits13th March 2016 - 9:48 pm
- Wellbeing at work: The evidence11th March 2016 - 9:49 pm
- A Gluten Free Diet9th March 2016 - 12:22 pm
- The Truth about Fats6th March 2016 - 7:45 am
- Dietary Fibre6th March 2016 - 7:19 am
- A good steak & kidney pie6th March 2016 - 6:13 am
- Strength Training for Shape6th March 2016 - 4:13 am
- The phenomenon called Pilates6th March 2016 - 3:56 am
- The heat19th March 2018 - 7:00 am
- Prefer a shower12th March 2018 - 7:00 am
- Air conditioning5th March 2018 - 7:00 am
- INSTAGRAM COMPETITION: Womens’ Day – Until ...2nd March 2018 - 5:02 pm
- The clothes dryer26th February 2018 - 7:00 am
- Save energy19th February 2018 - 7:00 am
- Chi Kong classes for FREE! Special offer14th February 2018 - 11:38 am
- Defrost the freezer12th February 2018 - 7:00 am
- Instagram Competition: Valentine’s day! – until...7th February 2018 - 11:13 am
- Standby mode5th February 2018 - 7:00 am