Kids are always playing around and trying to have fun. They are growing up and accepting the world we are giving to them as their own, so in order to make them to love Healthy Food it is very important that you follow some guidelines:
- Your healthy food dishes must be tasty, many people associate healthy food to tasteless dishes with a gloomy appearance.
- Don’t cook the same dish every day. Let’s say you want to incorporate quinoa into your kid’s diet – in that case it would be wise to cook a different quinoa dish every day, applying creativity and adding colorful elements. There are plenty of books and internet sites providing recipes and resources to enhance your creativity and the quality of your healthy diet.
- Have fun! Many people believe that the eating table should be a place of silence, and despite this being true in many cultures, it doesn’t apply to everybody. Kids naturally like to have fun, even while eating. Make your kids’ experience of food different by making them associate fun and happiness with the healthy food you are cooking for them.
- Explain them the advantages of healthy eating. Even if the kid is small and does not have a lot of knowledge, a few words explaining that what they are eating will make them growth strong and energetic will have a lasting impact in their psyche and will lay the foundations of his or her own eating consciousness.
- And finally, be consistent! Do not cook healthy only for special occasions. Healthy eating is a way of life, either you do it or you don´t; it is not a luxury, quite the opposite. In the times we are living, eating unhealthy is a luxury, an expensive habit that will carry the consequence of poor health, high medication expenditures, less income and in general, a lower performance in life. This is something you don’t want for you or for your children.