Exercise for a lifelong health and vitality
According Dr. Walter Willett newest book called Eat, Drink, and be healthy whose is also known as a lead nutrition researcher on the Harvard Nurse’s Health Care Study. The we need three types of exercise for optimal health: aerobic, strength training, and stretching. The base of his pyramid is exercise, rather than carbohydrates (the base of the USDA food pyramid). Let’s take brief what its all about:
- Aerobic exercise works the cardiovascular system (lungs, blood vessels, heart muscle) and increases the efficiency of aerobic muscle fiber of itself. It helps lower blood pressure, oxygenates the whole body, including brain, decrease calories, and helps prevent cardiovascular disease.
- Strength building exercise works on the muscle fibers, bones, and cartilage and builds anaerobic muscle fiber. You will increase your metabolic rate, vitality glucose utilization for diabetes prevention. Furthermore, from all these it is also increases bone density, prevents arthritis, balancing, and reverses declining strength that comes from inactivity.
- Stretching increases flexibility, balance, coordination and effectively improves yours free movement. If you avoid stretching muscles shorten and joint tissue weakens its going to cause you stiffness in a later age. Stretching improves arthritis pain and helps prevent injuries.
Dr. Walter Willett gives everybody who wants to feel more lively a simple advice for an exercise success. It is to simply to compare current fitness level with your past fitness level; never compare your fitness with others. Get help to develop an individualized program for you and your body. Set short term, attainable goals. Don’t be upset to improve your level rather slowly and effectively than moving too quickly. Be gentle. Be patient. Let your body enjoy moving; you want to build a new habit for life. Every habit needs time, but the best investment is investment in yourself.
- Exercise decreases your blood pressure and blood cholesterol, as well as blood pressure and ,bad cholesterol’, while raising your ,good cholesterol’.
- Strengthens your immune system. It increases your resistance to stress and illness.
- Strengthens bones and joints. This is a very important benefit for women because strong bones and joints decrease a woman’s chance for osteoporosis.
- Exercising decreases appetite. It acts as a natural appetite suppressant.
- Regular exercising will increase the number of calories you burn. This increase will accelerate your weight loss and encourage weight control.
- This useful habit reduces stress
- Increases your stamina and endurance.
- If you want to strengthen your heart and lungs this is a way. It’s also literally strengthens your heart muscle, and a stronger heart will last longer.
- Exercise decreases a woman’s risk for breast cancer. Studies have shown that women who engage in exercise at least three times a week have a lessened chance of developing breast cancer.
- Want to boost your immune system before cold season, go for it.
Endorphins are on the way, don’t be surprised if your surrounding will not recognize you not only because of a perfect shape but a wide, happy person smile which is a necessary attribute for a happiness. We wish you stamina and determination. We know you can do it!